Monday, December 7, 2009

Hair

I realized I'm doing this blog thing all wrong. My blog is supposed to be me, I should be using this to talk all about me! I thought I'd give it a try for this post. I'll spare you a post about my obvious manliness, awesomeness, toughness, wonderfulness, and manliness, since most of you are well aware of those traits (I was, after all, voted alpha male unanimously in 2009 by all those who participated in said voting). Instead I'll talk about my hair and it's ever increasing length.

For much of my life, I have fought against the semi-curliness of my hair by keeping it short enough that there was no room to curl. Whenever my hair would get long enough to begin to curl, I would attack it with a vigor that can only be compared in ferocity to that of a battle between a great white and a crocodile, the two most feared animals on the planet. So most may assume that the new hairstyle stems from me either being too lazy to cut my hair, or from my being an engineering grad student, so it's only natural that I throw all personal hygiene out the window. Both are pretty much right.


Scary, I know. This picture probably shouldn't be shown to small children, or those with weak hearts, Actually, this picture probably shouldn't be shown to anyone, and I apologize to all those who will suffer from severe nightmares now.

At first I held off cutting my hair because I had received vaguely positive comments about it ("I like your hair longer, it hides your face more" and "Your hair isn't looking completely horrible anymore.") Fueled by friends and enemies alike (you know which you are) commenting that they thought my hair looked good longer, I've held off on cutting it...though I've come close a few times... But recently I came up with an even better reason to grow my hair out. With it just a little bit longer, I'll be able to combine the three most awesome and influential hair styles ever known to man. I am, of course, talking about the fro, the mullet and the mohawk. Just imagine, fro on the sides, mullet in the back and mohawk to top it all off. Actually, I did a Paint mock up of what it would look like, so you don't have to imagine. I'm pretty excited now, and for the first time in my life, I wish my hair would grow faster.

Behold, it all it's glory, the frollet hawk!

7 comments:

Kristin McElderry said...

wow mike. Wow.

Amy said...

You're back! I like to think I was vaguely influential in bringing about this post because of my comment to you on Sunday. But I'm puttering around in the blogging world at the moment so it's probably just me putting blogs (well, and blog comments) to their proper use by thinking about myself. Since it's your blog, I should say something about you: Good luck growing out your fromullhawk, or mofrollett, or mikeover (it's your invention after all) or whatever you intend to call it. The picture is inspiring.

Brady said...

This is going to be worth the wait. I can already tell.

Jess said...

I can support any post having to do with hair. However I would advise against achy-breaky hair as it may lead to you giving up your hopes and dream to sell your daughter to pop culture. Just ask Billy Ray Cyrus.

Brian said...

The other night in institute whilst reading about Samson, John and I decided that you haven't cut your hair because you are a Nazarite. Look out - Alpha Male usurpers will make a direct strike on your hair.

Elizabeth Downie said...

Should I assume that I am one of the enemies you were reffering to? I mean, we are enemies and I have told you several times that your curls are "cute" - a word which you claim to hate but I know you secretly like. I really do think your hair looks good longer though. But don't cut it just because I said that. ;)

That picture is hilarious, by the way.

Hayley Parker said...

i canNOT wait for this hairstyle! please post pictures when it comes to pass.